It’s that time of year again, and for the first time, I have some skin in the game. The SxSW Panel Picker is live, and I’m whoring myself to you, my loyal blog audience, to help boost the interesting content at SxSW over the meaninglessly-businesswank seo-driven-engagement-virality-crowdsourcing new-media-douchebag bullshit.
Voting takes two minutes. Register, click on the link in your email, then vote away.
First of all, my proposed panel:
If you only upvote one panel, I implore you to make it this. Inspired-by and spiraling-off-wildly-from my Ignite talk in March, this will offer tips to engineers working with designers, designers working with engineers, and anyone else working with either.
Proposals by friends/by folks who owe me money/which I want to wangle my way onto being on:
- On the Ecology of Awesomeness
- Panel About Nothing [That You Don’t Care About]
- BattleDecks 2011
- Make the World Suck Less and Profit Simultaneously!
- Creation, Curation, and the Ethics of Content Strategy
- Making Good Decisions from Bad Customer Feedback
- Unpacking Gender: Men, Women, Technology and More
Proposals to which I have no connection, beyond thinking they sound amazing:
- The Epic Fail of BitTorrent Indie Film Lawsuits
- I Can Has Appz and Privacy Too?
- Fifteen Years: Modern Web Culture in Three Epochs
- TheInternet: Threat or Menace?
- GeekFit: How to Embrace Technology and Healthy Lifestyles
- People Are Stupid, and How to Fix Them